Solarwinds datasource plugin

Hi,

If I would like to sponsor development of a grafana DS for solarwinds - which direction would you all point me in?
Should I rather broadcast this on solarwinds.com, or where would I find qualified developers capable of this?
The plugin would obviously be opensource…

Hi there, I can certainly help you out. I’ll send you an email followup with details.

Hi,

Has there been any progress with this?
We are trying to create a sync between the SQLdb of solarwinds to postgres to be able to visualise metrics on grafana. Wanted to check with you about the support of solarwinds before we do this work.

Anyone create this? @mattttt did you end up performing this work?

Hello Matt, I’m currently looking into trying to create or go about creating a Solarwinds datasource plugin. At my company we would like to be able data from SAM (Server and Application Monitor) displayed within Grafana. If possible could you help me out with?

I am also looking for a datasource plugin for solarwinds. I’ve been using the msql datasource for some simple alert metrcs but would like to utilize the API instead for full stat graphing.

What is a problem to write this plugin? Solidworks have a REST-api. This api provides any data as far as I can see. So it’s no proplem to show any part of them.

I can try to write it with basic features but I don’t have a SolarWind instance and any wishes to install and setup it. I’ll develop plugin if someone provides the remote access to own REST-api and describe what kind of data is requred.

I have a strong background in SolarWinds and its API, haven’t used grafana yet but very keen too.
Would anyone like to team up and start building this?