S3 Prefix for Index and Chunk

Hi all, is it possible to use object prefix for both index and chunk that is written to an s3 bucket? i would like to share my s3 bucket with other app (e.g. for database backup) and would like to avoid any collision between loki and other app

Chunks are stored under their own directory path (organization id, or fake if not set). Indices are stored under their own directory path as well, and you can configure prefix for this.

Creating multiple S3 buckets won’t be any more expensive than putting everything in one, and if there is even a slight chance of conflict you should simply not even consider it.

1 Like

Hi @tonyswumac , thanks for the reply.

Indices are stored under their own directory path as well, and you can configure prefix for this.

are you refering to compactor.shared_store_key_prefix ? i’ve tried using it but the key inside s3 was still prefixed with index/

Update: i tried with storage_config.boltdb_shipper.shared_store_key_prefix and it works now. i think this is undocumented.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.