RFC timestamp as EPOCH in data-links

Hello

I’d like to use some fields in my table with a data-link as dashboard variables from and to.
The field contains a RFC formatted string. How can I convert this to epoch and use it in a data-link?

tried with ${fields.sessionStartTime:date:seconds} and ${fields.sessionStartTime:format:epoch:seconds} but they do not resolve

How can I achive this?

Thank you

Hi @szalontaymate,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

We are excited that you joined our OSS community. Please read about some of the FAQs in the community :slight_smile:

Did you already check the documentation regarding it i.e.

Let us know if this helps.

Hi @usman.ahmad

There isn’t any solution for this problem in your answer / links.
I have the same problem and I didn’t find any solution since 1 year.
We don’t want to get the current dashboard time-range to the variable, but as @szalontaymate wrote, the timestamps to ábe added to data link are in a table (and they are not the same as the current dashboard start and stop time, so we are talking about completely different things)

To make it simple:

We have a table where we have several fields, 2 of the field are time stamps in following (string) format: “2023-08-05 05:23:26”

This is not epoch format, thats why we can’t use it for data link (as a “from” or “to”) because it only accept epoch.

Could you please help?

(There isn’t any solution for this in your links)

Thank you!

Hi @peterk3,

Welcome to the :grafana: community support forums !!

We are excited that you joined our OSS community. Please read about some of the FAQs in the community :slight_smile:

We would appreciate it if you can open a bug report about this in our official GitHub repository using this link.

Provide all the information (you can simply copy/paste your data + screenshot from here to there).

Lastly, paste the link to your GitHub issue here in this post so that all other community users can also track it. I will also add more additional information to it :+1: