Querying CSV files

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    A: 8.5.4

• What are you trying to achieve?
    A: Trying to query a comma delimited csv via the CSV datasource plugin to graph into the time charts

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I installed the CSV datasource and imported the CSV, now I am having trouble figuring out how to query it. I have the CSV synced locally to the linux filesystem where the grafana server resides. It’s picking up the csv fine, I just don’t know how to query it.

• What happened?
    I don’t understand the syntax beyond the SELECT sqlite3 command

• What did you expect to happen?
    I expected the queries to be more standardized or at least easier to understand than what I am experiencing.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    There are no config issues.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    no errors, I just need help with this implementation of SQLite3 syntax

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    Query editor | CSV for Grafana (marcus.se.net)

Could someone please help me figure out how to make these queries? I’d hate to be forced to purchase a proprietary solution for this when I know it should be easy with Grafana, there is just something I am not understanding about the SQLite3 implementation with the CSV plugin.

Thanks so much,

Drew

can you share a screenshot? Let’s see if we can get this working

unfortunately there is no support for csvQ type yet.
Good alternative was GitHub - paveldanilin/grafana-csv-plugin: CSV datasource for Grafana 6.x.x / 7.x.x but does not support Grafana 8/9 yet. Author @paveldanilin said he is working on this… hope we can hear back soon !

1 Like

Unfortunately that plugin seems like abandoned project, and his author was seen here for the last time in Apr 2021.