Queries with different time resolution influencing eachother

Hello,

I am facing a problem of two queries in one graph obviously influencing eachother and I am running out of Ideas on how to solve this. I once built something similar in grafana 7 but cant seem to get the same thing to work in grafana 8.

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Display the count of results from one query as bars grouped by week (“events per week”) and simultaniously display a line graph that has values for each minute

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    set up two queries, used GROUP BY time(1w,none) in the Bar-Query

• What happened?
    When only the bar query is visible everything looks as expected. As soon as I add the line query the bars get squised into vertical lines. It seems like the resolution of the line influences the width of the bars.

• What did you expect to happen?
    queries displayed the same way without influencing eachother

Heres the bar query alone (line query disabled):

This is how it looks like once I enable the second query:

note that the bars are still there, but only have a width of one pixel

As I said, I did not have these kind of problems in grafana 7 but I might also just be missing something here.

Best regards

Ier

Loosing my mind trying to find a solution I gave the panel type “Graph (old)” a try and it does exactly what I was expecting.

But how can I achieve the same thing in the time series panel?
I went above and beyond this forum and every single example I found had identical times for all the data in one panel.
I cant believe it is no longer possible to have one graph based on data that is provided for each minute and one that only has data once a week in the same panel. That just doesnt make sense to me.

This looks like an unintended change that was introduced with the timeseries panel. It might make sense to file a GitHub issue.

The issue has been added to the 8.3.0 milestone:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.