Nodegraph timeout value is not enough to generate a big graph

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    The OS of the server is Linux and Grafana is V7.5.7.

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I’m trying to draw a graph with about 3000 nodes.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I generated a json with nodes and edges according to the structure detailed by nodegraph. I was successful with minor graphs of about 100 nodes.

• What happened?
    In my local Grafana, I was successful in show that big graph, however in the Grafana in my server it breaks and don’t show the graph. There is no error message in the dashboard. I have set all the timeouts limits I had in my API and server configuration files envolved with the process.

• What did you expect to happen?
    I expect to see the entire graph drawn on the screen.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    504 Gateway Time-out
    nginx/1.10.2

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
    No online instructions was followed.

Welcome,

In your local grafana where it worked, were you pointing to the same api on your server (where things do not work)?

What version if your local grafana?
Does this work in latest version of grafana? You are on a very old version of grafana

Realistically, how use-able is a 3000 nodes in your workflow?

My problem was solved, I found what was wrong. As to the graph size, I’m trying to control the number of levels that are drawn at once. Is there any feature in the plugin so that I can draw the graph let’s say from 4 to 4 four levels until it’s complete?

1 Like

What does this 4 to 4 mean?