No data points with small time frames

Hi,

Today I noticed that some of the panels on my grafana install are not working with small time frames (> 30 minutes) pulling data from prometheus, for ex with the default 5 and 15 minutes time frames some panels like CPU usage show “No data points”. The query of that panel is this:

100 - (avg(irate(node_cpu_seconds_total{mode="idle"}[$interval]) * on(instance) group_left(node_name) node_meta{node_id=~"$node_id"} * 100) by (node_name))

The only changes recently done were adding some alerts and changing the default scrape time from 15s to 1m to prometheus.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

I changed back scraping time to 15s default but still 5 and 15 minutes timeframes show no data points. What else could it be ? could be related to the retention period and amount of hardware resources and prometheus/grafana not being able to create those small timeframes ?

I’m new to grafana and prometheus so I really don’t know how to debug this issue, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.