Network traffic monitor

<!-- Trying to monitor network traffic from my Cisco switch on my trunk port. I got data from the switch and interfaces. Using Prometheus and Telegraf. Got this query: irate(interface_ifInOctets{ifDescr="GigabitEthernet2/0/47"}[2m]) *8 / 1024 I dont have this ifHCInOctets option - that i see mentioned else where. My dashboard does not say: no data in response. So it igot data from the switch, but its not showing anyt in the Dashboard Hope someone can help :slight_smile: * Grafana Version 8.1.3? Here is my Telegraf configuration for that switch: [[inputs.snmp]] agents = ["udp://IPv4:161"] # # ## Timeout for each request. timeout = "5s" # # ## SNMP version; can be 1, 2, or 3. version = 2 # ## SNMP community string. community = "Communitystring" # # ## Number of retries to attempt. retries = 3 [[inputs.snmp.field]] name = "hostname" oid = "RFC1213-MIB::sysName.0" is_tag = true # IF-MIB::ifTable contains counters on input and output traffic as well as errors and discards. [[inputs.snmp.table]] name = "interface" inherit_tags = [ "hostname" ] oid = "IF-MIB::ifTable" #Interface tag - used to identify interface in metrics database [[inputs.snmp.table.field]] name = "ifDescr" oid = "IF-MIB::ifDescr" is_tag = true [[inputs.snmp.table.field]] name = "ifAlias" oid = "IF-MIB::ifAlias" is_tag = true

have you tried Grafana 8.2.1 to see if this got resolved? Number of influx-related PRs in the changelog between your version and the latest

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.