MySQL Datasource on LocalHost

Hi,

I’m pretty new to grafana, database and linux all together so my apologies if any questions sounds obvious.

I installed MySQL on the latest version of linux Mint and configured it like the pictures below. In MySQL i can connect to the Database.

The grafana part i configured it like the picture below. Because grafana is installed on the same PC i’ve used also the 172.0.0.1 ip adress and also tried it with LocalHost instead of the ip adress.

But every time i want to save and connect the datasource i got the following error in the datalog:

t=2020-03-28T12:28:22+0100 lvl=eror msg=“query error” logger=tsdb.mysql err=“Error 1049: Unknown database ‘MySQL_DB1’”
t=2020-03-28T12:28:22+0100 lvl=info msg=“Request Completed” logger=context userId=1 orgId=1 uname=admin method=POST path=/api/tsdb/query status=400 remote_addr=127.0.0.1 time_ms=95 size=245 referer=http://grafana.staged-by-discourse.com/datasources/edit/3/

Does anyone know what the problem coud be?
Thanks At advance,
Ward

Hi,

I’ve got 2 more pictures of how the MySQL is configured.

Kind regards
Ward

Hi,

I found my problem it’s was a stupid one :roll_eyes:
I used the connection name for entering my databases in MySQL workbench istead of the actual name of the database in MySQL.

Kind regards.
Ward