- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
Grafana: v8.0.5 (cbb2aa5001)
OS: Linux prometheus-dbp01-grafana-85dcc79d6-4btbw 5.4.0-1059-azure #62~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 14 17:53:18 UTC 2021 x86_64 Linux
note: additional sidecars for provision of datasources, notifier and dashboards
- What are you trying to achieve?
Goal is to
- use MySQL instead of SQlite3 as database to circumvent the “Database is locked” issue
- have more than 1 pod so a rolling update won’t cause service interruption for the Grafana users.
- How are you trying to achieve it?
We changed to 1-pod/SQlite setup of the prometheus-operation config to have two replicas and use mysql instead of SQlite3.
- What happened?
First pod (instance) starts up without any issues, 2nd pods errors out and is not able to start
- What did you expect to happen?
I expected both instances to be able to share one database and both pods (instances) to start up.
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
grafana: replicas: 2 podDisruptionBudget: maxUnavailable: 1 grafana.ini: database: type: mysql host: 10.0.8.15:3306 name: grafana-cluster-stage user: 'grafana-cluster-stage@some-mysql-dbms' password: ****************
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
service init failed: Alert notification provisioning error: alert notification with same name already exists
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
DB created, pointed 1st Grafana to it, Grafana created tabled, all good.
Started 2nd Grafana … not working
1st Grafana works, 2nd not