LDAP with grafana

Hi

I have two grafana application running in an cluster and integrate with Freeipa. Every thing is working fine, i would like to clarify few things

• now grafana roles are mapped to group, can we do it with user? [every time when i create the newuser i need to create the newgroup for that user and assign the grafana roles in ldap.toml file]
  • every time when i create the new dashboard and create the new user , i need to assign the permission and org_id for that user (is there any better way to do this)
  • i have set of user to have admin role, when grafana default admin user create the dashboard, other user cannot see the dashboard. I understand org_id is not set for those users, but is there any way to define , by default for those admin users can see all the dashboard?

now grafana roles are mapped to group, can we do it with user? [every time when i create the newuser i need to create the newgroup for that user and assign the grafana roles in ldap.toml file]

You can only map ldap groups to user roles.

every time when i create the new dashboard and create the new user , i need to assign the permission and org_id for that user (is there any better way to do this)

You can automate using the HTTP API.

i have set of user to have admin role, when grafana default admin user create the dashboard, other user cannot see the dashboard. I understand org_id is not set for those users, but is there any way to define , by default for those admin users can see all the dashboard?

No you cannot do this. A user must belong to an organization in order to see it’s dashboards.

Organizations are for multi tenant setups if you run single Grafana for separate companies. So having new user be avble to see all company dashboards without belonging to that company org is not something Grafana will support.