Is it possible to get an plugin for IBM DB2 datasource

My name is Jürgen Kellner and I’m responsible for ITM6 in our company. We are looking for an replacement for the TEP User-interface. Grafana looks very fine, but one of the biggest problems here was, that Grafana don’t support the IBM DB2 interface. We need this interface, because our customers have very high demands for using historical data. We can’t solved this request with the normal IBM APM plugin. Thats why I asking for this. At the moment this is an showstopper for us to using Grafana.
Best regards Jürgen Kelenr

I’m in the same boat since we use IBM DB2 BLU for a lot of things

Hi Jürgen,
Interested to know if you’ve had any progress with Grafana and Db2/TEPs? :slight_smile:

I’m interested to know if Grafana can hook directly into a TDS Db2 database.

I don’t know anything about DB2. Is it possible to query with sql that is compatible with Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL or Postgres? Grafana has support for those.

Saw this but not sure how compatible DB2 is with Oracle: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6NHC/com.ibm.swg.im.dashdb.apdv.porting.doc/doc/c_compat_oracle.html

Hi guys, I found this:

Which is probalby a plugin. Would it be possible to make it accessible as a plugin directly form grafana?

@giuliano1 Install it with a git clone, put it in plugins, then restart Grafana et you can use it like any other datasource.

whether this source https://github.com/IBMProjectEventStore/db2eventstore-grafana can be used for db2 luw version ?

Best is to have a generic JDBC plugin , where users can specify driver class related jars .

1 Like

there is one now

no there is not,
it’s an entreprise plugin, you can’t get it with the open source version.
SQLyze plugin is the same.

There is no free way to reach Db2 from grafana today.
If somone find a solution, i would be interested.

other than writing your own rest api that hits the db2 I do not know of any other way. does whateverr is using the db2 database have an api you can access?

Are you able to write a node rest appi that can access db2 as a backend

does whateverr is using the db2 database have an api you can access?
not really for now
Are you able to write a node rest appi that can access db2 as a backend
i guess but …

But…that is the only free way.
Then use that api in grafana

1 Like