Invalid: query limit exceeded on Grafana dashboard using Flux and Influx OSS 2.0

Hi,

I am using OSS 2.0.3 and use Grafana 7.1.2 to monitor all kinds of queries.
I have around 50 panels on one dashboard each panel is a different Flux query.
When I refresh Grafana or just open it I get “Invalid: query length exceeded” error on 5-10 different panels (sometimes more), if I enter the panel and click on refresh query it retrieves the query but this is no solution as I have view only users that use this dashboard.

I tried to add sleep to the queries but it doesn’t help as it doesn’t get to the sleep at all it looks like it doesn’t execute the query.
If I refresh the dashboard it gets even worse.

Not sure if the issue is with my Grafana configurations or with Influx, hopefully someone here will be able to help me figure this out.

Will very appreciate any assistance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Did you check the max concurrent query config on your influx ? InfluxDB query management | InfluxDB OSS 1.5 Documentation

Hope it helps.

Good Luck

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunatley a lot of things that existed in prior to 2.0 versions in influxdb now do not.
I didn’t find any config file on my machine also the 2.0 documentation doesn’t point to any config file.

I might be missing something, I will keep digging the documentation.

Hi,

Found this :

https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.0/reference/config-options/#query-concurrency

By default the max is set to 10.

Hope it helps.

Good Luck

Hi,

Thanks again, yes I just found that too. Apparently the default config file is expected to be under /etc/influxdb however the file doesn’t exist so it must be manually created. I will try to work with this article.

Thanks a lot for the effort, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Update: I added an environment variable to the system service file of influx and it worked! All the panels are loading now.

Thanks a lot for the help!

1 Like