How to display a line chart with daily range only from 9:00 am to 3:00pm?

I am using Grafana to plot a line chart of stock market data, say price. Market timing is from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Right now, when I display graph for 5 days, graph continues plotting a line from 3:00 pm until 9:00 am next day, even though there is no data due to ‘market close’.

I don’t want to disable continuous plot as I want a continuous line chart from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, despite my price data updating only once a minute.

I there any way to set a day to be only 6 hours, so that I can have a continuous plot during market hours only? Please advice on how to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Set “visualization | mode options | staircase” to just show a horizontal line of the last updated value.

For a single day, set your start time to “now/d+9h”, and end time to “now”.
Having a continuous 5 day plot with hours 3pm-9am skipped is harder. Try the different ‘null value’ options under ‘visualization’. Also look at “Thresholds & Time Regions”, you should be able to get the graph hidden between 3pm & 9am using that

@michaelfilgate Thanks for your reply. I couldnt find the hide option under “Thresholds & Time Regions”. Could you please point me to an example.