- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
- What are you trying to achieve?
Give two different fields on the same time series different display names
- How are you trying to achieve it?
I have tried using the override panel to filter fields by name and rename them, but for some reason my two fields (one for each Prometheus/Agent metric) have the same name so I can’t change their display names individually. Example:
- What happened?
Both names were the same.
- What did you expect to happen?
I expected a way to change the field display names individually.
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
Can you delete/remove the Override and show what the graph looks like, i.e. this view so we can asee what the two fields get displayed as? Also please share your Prometheus query.
Sorry for the late reply, the notification didn’t come through!
The fields are displayed like this:
The two queries:
Can you tell us what is the difference of the two fields? Is one upload bytes and one download bytes?
Yes, one field is the download bytes and one is the upload, they are divided by 125000 so that they are shown as megabits not bytes.
How about an override, like this?
Another way is in Options >> Legend, you can fill in the desired label value using the Prometheus label? Here is a good article.