Grafana Subfolder Feature in Provisioning

Hi all,

We are using Grafana v10.1.5 and are a big fan of it.
Up to now we were using the provisioning feature to distribute standardized Dashboards among distributions. We would like to profit from the new subfolder feature.

So far the folders where created by adding a folder and a .yaml to the folder Database/analytics/grafana/etc/grafana/provisioning/dashboards. The corresponding dashboards .json could then be added to the folder .

Unfortunately, this does not work one level below (adding another folder and a .yaml to the folder foldername). The subfolder is just ignored and the dashboards inside of are shown inside of without any error.

How is it possible to provision dashboards in subfolders?

hi @s

Welcome to the Grafana Community forums :grafana:

I have replicated the same from my end. I will check internally with the team and I’ll get back to you

In the meantime, I want to check if have enabled the nested folders feature

In case you haven’t already, know that this feature is in preview phase, and so it is behind a toggle that you need to turn on.

nestedFolders
See it listed here

If you are using Docker you would activate this feature by passing a environment variable:

- GF_FEATURE_TOGGLES_ENABLE=nestedFolders

Thanks for your waiting @statslover

I’ve been informed that, at the moment, it is not possible to provision nested folder structures as pointed out here.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Let us know if you have any further questions!

1 Like