Have been recently working to get a new instance of Icinga2 working, and added InfluxDB/grafana modules.
All (including grafana) has been working since mid-last week (when I got it all working correctly).
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- This morning, did a reboot of the server (first full reboot since getting it all working), and now grafana does not start on boot.
- First noticed when the pages within IcingaWeb said it could connect to the server:port for the graphs.
- Tried manually connecting to grafana web interface at servername:port, but no luck
- Other services on machine appear OK.
Output of $ sudo service grafana status and $ sudo systemctl status grafana.service result in same:
● grafana.service - LSB: Start grafana at boot time
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/grafana; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: resources) since Thu 2017-09-14 14:04:15 CDT; 36min ago
Process: 13546 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/grafana start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Sep 14 14:04:15 systemd: Starting LSB: Start grafana at boot time…
Sep 14 14:04:15 systemd: grafana.service: PID file /var/run/grafana.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No suc
Sep 14 14:04:15 systemd: Failed to start LSB: Start grafana at boot time.
Sep 14 14:04:15 systemd: grafana.service: Unit entered failed state.
Sep 14 14:04:15 systemd: grafana.service: Failed with result ‘resources’.
I’m not a *nix expert by any means, but I can follow directions…most of the topics searching online so far about the “not readable (yet?)” message are several years old and appear to be related to when systemd as first coming out and had timing issues about creating .pid file for backwards compatibility.
Suggestions on where I go from here to troubleshoot?