Hello All,
I am using the mimir linux based package and installed on Linux machine but getting error that for IP address found with eth0 and eno. In my case , network interface is R892 which associate to IP address.
So I have added “instance_interface_names:” in yaml file as well but still failing on it .
I added below line in config.
instance_interface_names:
- R892 | default = [R892]
ts=2024-04-04T21:23:26.810075549Z caller=netutil.go:85 level=debug msg=“looking for addresses” inf=“[R892 | default = [R892]]” inet6enabled=false
ts=2024-04-04T21:23:26.810212169Z caller=netutil.go:90 level=warn msg=“error getting addresses for interface” inf=“R892 | default = [R892]” err=“route ip+net: no such network interface”
ts=2024-04-04T21:23:26.810223898Z caller=netutil.go:118 level=debug msg=“detected IP address after looking up all configured interface names” ipAddr=“invalid IP”
erotsil:
instance_interface_names
My network interface is eno1 and I am getting a similar error:
ts=2026-03-06T20:02:14.686945366Z caller=main.go:233 level=info msg="Starting application" version="(version=2.17.7, branch=HEAD, revision=7e482a1e)"
ts=2026-03-06T20:02:14.725985422Z caller=server.go:383 level=info msg="server listening on addresses" http=[::]:9009 grpc=[::]:9095
ts=2026-03-06T20:02:14.768762977Z caller=netutil.go:90 level=warn msg="error getting addresses for interface" inf=eth0 err="route ip+net: no such network interface"
ts=2026-03-06T20:02:14.776810369Z caller=netutil.go:90 level=warn msg="error getting addresses for interface" inf=en0 err="route ip+net: no such network interface"
ts=2026-03-06T20:02:14.777057664Z caller=log.go:157 level=error msg="error running application" err="no useable address found for interfaces [eth0 en0]\ninvalid ring lifecycler config\ngithub.com/grafana/mimir/pkg/storegateway.newStoreGateway\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/pkg/storegateway/gateway.go:158\ngithub.com/grafana/mimir/pkg/storegateway.NewStoreGateway\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/pkg/storegateway/gateway.go:127\ngithub.com/grafana/mimir/pkg/mimir.(*Mimir).initStoreGateway\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/pkg/mimir/modules.go:1116\ngithub.com/grafana/dskit/modules.(*Manager).initModule\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/vendor/github.com/grafana/dskit/modules/modules.go:136\ngithub.com/grafana/dskit/modules.(*Manager).InitModuleServices\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/vendor/github.com/grafana/dskit/modules/modules.go:108\ngithub.com/grafana/mimir/pkg/mimir.(*Mimir).Run\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/pkg/mimir/mimir.go:919\nmain.main\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/cmd/mimir/main.go:235\nruntime.main\n\t/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:285\nruntime.goexit\n\t/usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:1693\nerror initialising module: store-gateway\ngithub.com/grafana/dskit/modules.(*Manager).initModule\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/vendor/github.com/grafana/dskit/modules/modules.go:138\ngithub.com/grafana/dskit/modules.(*Manager).InitModuleServices\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/vendor/github.com/grafana/dskit/modules/modules.go:108\ngithub.com/grafana/mimir/pkg/mimir.(*Mimir).Run\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/pkg/mimir/mimir.go:919\nmain.main\n\t/__w/mimir/mimir/cmd/mimir/main.go:235\nruntime.main\n\t/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:285\nruntime.goexit\n\t/usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:1693"
```
the code should not have hardwired interface names of eth0 and en0 it should check what is available on the server