Grafana metrics are not being displayed for last 3 months after restoring 3 months old grafana whisper data

Grafana metrics are not being displayed for last 3 months after restoring 3 months old grafana whisper data .

Please advise on how we can make grafana dashboard operational to display last 3 months data.

We have done following things

1 ) Installed grafana freshly
2) copied whisper data from Nov 13th 2017 ( file system level backup taken on 13th Nov 2017)
3) started grafana and not able to see metrics for nov 7th 2017 . please advise on this scenario , what needs to be done to fix this

Hi,

Have you restarted graphite after 2)?

Marcus

Yes I did restart grafana after data copy

Have you checked the whisper log after graphite are restarted? If you browse the graphite web you can’t see the last 3 months of data either i guess?

Marcus

what is the location of whisper log ?

Please share the procedure to restore data from 3 months old data and make garafana dashboard to display graphs . Thanks

Hi,

Never backed up and restore whishper data myself. But searching for answers I found some answers saying that you should use the whisper-merge to merge old data with new data, please see link.

http://graphite.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html#default-installation-layout should give an idea of where to find the whisper log.

Marcus

merge didn’t work for us either , can you please suggest restoration mechanism based on our scenario i;e we have november 13th whisper data we need to display graphs for November 2017 Thanks