Grafana map-panel plugin unexpected error

Hi,

I am using Linux Ubuntu 18.04, Grafana version 8.0.3.

I am using Grafana for last few months. Initially using worldmap panel, later
panodata map panel. Both were working fine. Suddenly the map-panels are not working.
It is not appearing on the panel and when I try to check by clicking the ‘edit’ on the panel, it shows ‘unexpected error’. I have seen the grafana log (attached). Seems the ‘plugin is not found’. Should I have to reinstall the plugin? world-map plugin I installed from grafana plugin store and panodata manually downloading the zip file.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

---- parts of grafana error log ----

t=2021-10-15T08:52:24+0900 lvl=info msg=“Request Completed” logger=context userId=0 orgId=1 uname= method=GET path=/api/live/ws status=0 remote_addr=192.168.43.13 time_ms=0 size=0 referer=t=2021-10-15T08:52:28+0900 lvl=eror msg=“Could not find plugin file” logger=context userId=0 orgId=1 uname= error=“open /var/lib/grafana/plugins/partials/module.html: no such file or directory”
t=2021-10-15T08:52:28+0900 lvl=info msg=“Request Completed” logger=context userId=0 orgId=1 uname= method=GET path=/public/plugins/loudml-grafana-app/partials/module.html status=404 remote_addr=192.168.43.13 time_ms=0 size=1732 referer=“http://grafana.staged-by-discourse.com/d/o_bA5LZ7z/batsuterijian-shi-demo-cp?orgId=1

Dear @sendaird,

With the most recent release of Panodata Map Panel 0.16.0 [1], we renamed the plugin from grafana-map-panel to panodata-map-panel.

If you happened to just have installed that version, which received compatibility with Grafana 8, you might need to update your dashboards to reflect that name.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

[1] Releases · panodata/panodata-map-panel · GitHub

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using ‘panodata-map-panel’ and it is placed under /var/lib/grafana/plugins/.

I have edited the ‘/etc/grafana/grafana.ini’ file as instructed.
[plugins]
allow_loading_unsigned_plugins = “panodata-map-panel”

Actually the previous map panel (grafana-worldmap-panel) that is also not working. When I use either of them in a panel, nothing appears. Clicking the ‘edit’ from the menu gives ‘unexpected error’ msg.

I was using these map panels from July onward and till last week there was no problem. Seems suddenly it cannot find these plugins.

Anything else to check/change?

Thanks and regards,
Deb

Dear Andreas,

Adding a few more things, if it helps you to identify the problem.

While checking the list of plugins from Dashboard → Configuration, it does not show the ‘worldmap’ or ‘panodata’ along with some other. But they are visible while selecting for an opening panel ‘click to change visualization’.

From Plugins/Plugin Admin → Readme
The grafana catalog is enabled or disabled by setting plugin_admin_enabled in the setup files.

In my /etc/grafana/grafana.ini file, it is as follows
#Enable or disable installing plugins directly from within Grafana.
;plugin_admin_enabled = false
;plugin_admin_external_manage_enabled = false
;plugin_catalog_url = Grafana Plugins - extend and customize your Grafana | Grafana Labs

It was working with this config so far. Do I need to change?

Best regards,
Deb

Dear Deb,

Did you update to Grafana 8 just recently? Regarding this, we were tracking some issues over here:

It would be sweet if you could also create a dedicated issue on this repository in order to continue the discussion there. In this manner, we will lower the noise on the Grafana forum. Thanks already!

With kind regards,
Andreas.

Dear Andreas,

No, I haven’t. I have started using Grafana relatively recently. Around July this year. Haven’t updated after that. Haven’t changed in grafana setting or related files/directories.

Just now one thing came to my mind. I was trying to install Node-RED and had some trouble installing it. Tried various things as suggested in different net-forum. So it strikes me if that could cause the problem. So I stopped the current docker-image and used a previous image and everything is fine. Also, when I list up all the plugins from Configuration → Plugins, it shows all the plugins as it should.

So it seems I had messed up something while trying to install and changing setup etc. I need to dug deep to find what was that.

Sorry for the troubles and thank you for trying to help me out. There is nothing wrong with the grafana. As I did not directly touch grafana related setup I thought something went wrong with grafana. It was my fault. Somewhere the permission mode probably has changed, causing some plugin-files not-found.

Best regards,
Deb

ps. In the grafana error log, there was

open /var/lib/grafana/plugins/partials/module.html: no such file or directory”

and the ‘partials’ directory itself was gone. After changing back to the older docker, ‘partials/module.html’ exists as it should. Somehow file/directory structure under /var/lib/grafana/plugins/ had changed, causing all the troubles.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.