Grafana drill down

Then you will just have to create the detailed and the overview dashboards and link them.

1 Like

well , i know that , but i dont know how to do all that stuff :frowning:
and there are not really any good tutorials to find

@pmhausen thanks for the tips. What about navigating to panels on the same dashboard. I’ve set this up but I am getting feedback from my service customers, this approach is leading to a lot of navigation. Datalink are always taking you to a new page, even if the panel is right there on the same dashboard.

I am trying to setup where in the top half/third space I have stat or status panel with summary. Clicking on any one of them (datalink works fine here) should just populate a table panel or log panel with details information about that summary. This kind of works for me , but you would have to navigate away to new page all the time.

User cannot just quickly click through all the summaries.

Hi pmhausen,

even for me also , in our company they have implemented drill down option. But many of them have requested for click other option like click on the chart or graph it should direct to another link.

Can you guide if we can do .

You can add links to a panel like in my two screenshots. That’s what grafana can do. If you need something else, you need a different product.

Hi pmhausen,
Thanks for your reply,

please find the attached image , in the image we have configured Drill Down, but instead of drill down . Is there any option to click on the name e.g " Device Count" so that new tab can open.
Please let me know if there is any option.

Not that I am aware.

Hi pmhausen,

if you have any idea about the feasibility, let me know.

You would need to open a feature request with the Grafana developers to ask for a feature the product simply does not have. I wonder why everybody comes back to asking me about something Grafana does not do. I cannot help you. I am just a user like you, not even a particular experienced one.

If you absolutely need interactive drill down, why don’t you use a product that supports it? Like Kibana?

2 Likes

As far as i know, grafana does not support pivot tables (that is what you asked for).
this component is highly welcome. (similar one to excel pivot table).
I could think of a work around but Grafana has to support events and clicks on the fields. in this case we can setup/update values of the variables and refresh dashboard components. the only interaction via the top select box is very limiting management applications on top of grafana.

Grafana is a visualization tool, not a data manipulation product that it should do pivots imo.

The source data should do the pivoting and grafana display it.

Lots of db products implement pivoting such as sql server etc