Grafana Dashboard displaying empty graphs, not data coming

Hi Team,

i am new to prometheus and grafana, i installed prometheus and grafana in the same system, I configured datasource in grafana which is successfully connected to prometheus and i can pre-defined metrics, however when i query something like in the below link: but the query is returning no data.
https://play.grafana.org/d/000000029/prometheus-demo-dashboard?refresh=5m&orgId=1

prometheus version: 2.2.1
grafana version: 5.1.3

[root@slc15sll node_exporter-0.16.0.linux-amd64]# uname -a
Linux slc15sll 4.1.12-112.14.10.el7uek.x86_64 #2 SMP Mon Jan 8 18:26:37 PST 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root@slc15sll node_exporter-0.16.0.linux-amd64]# cat /etc/release
Oracle Linux Server release 7.3
NAME=“Oracle Linux Server”
VERSION=“7.3”

please assist me

Hi, did you fix it? I have similar issues

Hi,

Try to use query inspector.
http://docs.grafana.org/guides/whats-new-in-v4-5/#query-inspector

You can also see your log to see if everything it’s ok.

Regards

Fixed, I had uploaded a pre-built dashboard which was pointing to a different data-source. Thanks

Hi All - new to Grafana. I am using a prebuilt dashboard that up until recently was displaying data correctly at any time interval. However, now it is not displaying CPU or traffic data for any time interval under 8 hours. No changes have been made to prometheus or grafana and as you can see certain dashbaords populate while CPU and network traffic do not. any help is apprecaited… thank you

Hi @ericphipps,
Can you share query that’s behind panels that aren’t showing data? Also, can you share link or dashboard ID which you used to import dashboard in grafana?

So, if you set time range for longer than 8 hours you get data?

Best regards,
ldrascic

Thank you Idrascic - below are your answers and attached is a screen shot showing 8 hours. Probably unrelated but the data goes missing around the 7:30-7:45 mark

Query: sum by (instance)(rate(node_cpu_seconds_total{mode=“system”,instance=“$node”,job=“$job”}[$__rate_interval])) * 100

Query: CPU Busy
(((count(count(node_cpu_seconds_total{instance=“$node”,job=“$job”}) by (cpu))) - avg(sum by (mode)(rate(node_cpu_seconds_total{mode=‘idle’,instance=“$node”,job=“$job”}[$__rate_interval])))) * 100) / count(count(node_cpu_seconds_total{instance=“$node”,job=“$job”}) by (cpu))

Dashboard ID: 14513

Also for what its worth I imported the Linux Exporter Node again and get the same results - no data on CPU and network traffic less than 8’ish hours.

I am having the same issue , but in my case for 3 hours i was not able to see any data, but then all of a sudden the data started to be shown aonly for 15 min and then again no data.