Geomap Routes: Multiple Polylines

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Grafana v9.5.2 (cfcea75916

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I’m wanting to plot multiple route lines using the GeoMap plugin to plot the routes of multiple vehicles.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I have an InfluxDB instance which I’m populating with with coordinate data, as well as other metadata, representing a series of vehicles. Rather than drawing a single line, I’d like to group the data by various fields to produce multiple routes.

• What happened?
    Currently, only the first group is being rendered. For reference, below is the Flux query being used

import "influxdata/influxdb/schema"

from(bucket: v.defaultBucket)
  |> range(start: v.timeRangeStart, stop: v.timeRangeStop)
  |> schema.fieldsAsCols()
  |> filter(fn: (r) => r["_measurement"] == "vehicle_event")
  |> sort(columns: ["_time"])
  |> group(columns: ["Id"])
  • What did you expect to happen?

Multiple ploylines representing the different groups. Wondering if this is a supported use case and if not, if anyone knows if it’s planned.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

No errors from the UI. I do however see a Data dropdown in the Map Layer section of the panel configuration and can see what looks like a separate data set for each group from the query. I don’t seem to be able to change the data set to a different group top test different blocks of data.

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

I have looked at the Geomap panel instructions on the grafana website, bit doesn’t give much detail other than ensuring the data has coordinates

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue - did you ever find out a way to do this?

No, I ended it parking it for the time being. I did subscribe to the Geomap epic Epic: Geomap · Issue #58543 · grafana/grafana · GitHub as I believe it’s still a beta feature and others have reported some vaguely similar behaviour. I’m mainly waiting for the stable release before retesting

Can you share a .csv of the output of your data (from Influx Data Explorer) so that others can use it to test / troubleshoot / help?

might want to look at this one

https://play.grafana.org/d/geomap-route-layer/panel-tests-geomap-route-layer?orgId=1