Generate dashboards automatically from InfluxDB measurements

Hello everyone,

I am on Grafana v8.4.3 on a Windows operating system.

My grafana instance is linked to an InfluxDB database and I would like to generate dashboards automatically form the measurements in InfluxDB.

As you can see on the screenshot, I have some dashboards that I created manually for each measurement. But I would like to know if there is a way to create all of them just by retrieving all the measurements from InfluxDB, because each dashboard is the same except his measurement name.

Also, I know that I can retrieve the measurement name with a query variable and then select the measurement. But I want to see all the dashboard of every measurement on the same panel.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I assume you can import one dashboard made by the community.

You can take a look here to see all the InfluxDB Dashboard made : Dashboards | Grafana Labs

Then you can just import one using ID or JSON.

Thank you, but it’s not exactly what I want.

I already have the dashboard type that I want.
And I would like that, for each measurement that I have in the InfluxDB database, It generates automatically a dashboard corresponding to each measurement that I have.

Maybe this might help

1. create a buckets variable using
    buckets()

2. Create a measurements variable (I cant seem to use the $buckets variable to filter things so for sake of example I just added learninfluxdb

Then following this for repeated panels

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
But I would use the following approach cause you would have more control

1 Like

Sorry for the late response,
The solution in the first link that you share with the Repeat by variable works perfectly for that I want to do.
Thank you very much @yosiasz !