Error: cannot patch "grafana" with kind StatefulSet: StatefulSet.apps "grafana" is invalid: spec: Forbidden: updates to statefulset spec for fields other than 'replicas', 'template', and 'updateStrategy' are forbidden

Hello, I have updated my k8s cluster from 1.16 to 1.17 and trying to update grafana from stable repo to grafana charts I am getting below error , how to make proper helm update without deleting metrics already as part of statefulsets ?

I am using terraform to do the update…
with below details: but it fails to updated with below provided errror

terraform version 0.13.2

code block below works :

resource "helm_release" "grafana" {
  name       = "grafana"
  namespace  = kubernetes_namespace.monitoring.id
  repository = "stable"
  chart      = "grafana"
  version    = "4.6.3"
  values     = [file("${path.module}/metrics-grafana.yaml")]

set {
    name  = "ingress.hosts"
    value = "{${join(",", formatlist("monitor.${var.subdomain}.%s",  keys(local.common.domains)))}}"
  }
  set {
    name  = "ingress.tls[0].hosts"
    value = "{${join(",", formatlist("monitor.${var.subdomain}.%s",  keys(local.common.domains)))}}"
  }
}

Error: cannot patch "grafana" with kind StatefulSet: StatefulSet.apps "grafana" is invalid: spec: Forbidden: updates to statefulset spec for fields other than 'replicas', 'template', and 'updateStrategy' are forbidden

Hi @snehil03,

Are you still encountering this error? If so, have you tried updating to a newer version of Grafana? You might find them better supported…

Also, v.7.5.7 is out and Grafana 8 will debut in two weeks, with massive improvements across the application.