Disable changing password of viewer

Hi,

I want to setup a viewer only Organisation with one viewer with a fixed username and password. Is there a chance to disable the ‘change password’ button to preventing viewers to change the password in the profile tab but even better to lock the whole profile of this ‘public viewer’ to prevent changing username, email, PW etc? Didn’t find a better way to share only one dashboard as read-only to the public.

Regards,

Christian

What I did was to create a separate organization and designate that as public, no authentication required. I then copied over the dashboard(s) that needed to be public. This way there is no username/password necessary to view that data. Since they are not logged in, there isn’t any user info to change.

See: http://docs.grafana.org/installation/configuration/#auth-anonymous

Thank you. Did it, one organisation, one dashboard to share. That’s much nicer as no login or user is specified. Perfect!

Just be aware that a viewer has full read access to a datasource, so not only the metrics shown on a dashboard. If they know http they can issue any valid query.

@torkel: Ok, so is there already in Garfana any safe way to publish a dashboard really ‘read only without user and password’ without those disadvantages?

Depends on the datasource you use and what permissions controls it has. Grafana only makes sure the user can access the datasource, but does not do any per metric permission checks.

Ok, so as I use an InfluxDB I have to look to get this safe and manage access rights if it’s possible? Not familiar with this but the data isn’t critical so maybe it’s ok to use the workaround mmahacek proposed.
Thanks for your reply!

Regards,

Christian

As long as your fine with viewers being able to read all the metrics in the InfluxDB database you added in Grafana. If you want more control, write data you want public in one InfluxDB database and private to another.

Then have two orgs, one public with a datasource using the public InfluxDB database, and another private with a datasource configured to use the private InfluxDB database

I’ll do it this way (use two InfluxDBs). Thank you very much.
Great tool! :slight_smile: