Dashboard provisioning providers type

Hello i am using dashboard provisioning feature . In the documentation it mention i see this example :
apiVersion: 1

providers:
- name: 'default'
  orgId: 1
  folder: ''
  type: file
  disableDeletion: false
  editable: false
  options:
    path: /var/lib/grafana/dashboards

But i can’t found anywhere a lists of possible type for providers. Can you help me with that please? or is the file the only type of provider supported now?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

At the moment only file provider are supported.

Marcus

Thanks… I have another question. What is the purpose of the ‘folder’ attribute in providers definition ?

Grafana v5 introduced support for having dashboards in folders, see What’s new in Grafana v5.0.

The folder attribute allows you provide a title of a folder and all dashboards provisioned will be stored in that folder. If folder doesn’t exist, it will be created.

Marcus

thanks Marcus. your reply is very helpfull. i just have one last question . does
app_mode = production ( or development) in grafana.ini induce any featureschanges according the app_mode selected ?
Thanks

app_mode doesn’t add/remove features. It’ll only change certain aspects of the application regarding logging and loading of frontend code.

Marcus

Hello,

I have the following providers.yaml file

providers:

• name: ‘X’
    orgId: 1
    folder: ‘X’
    options:
    path: “/tmp/dashboards/X_*”

• name: ‘Y’
    orgId: 2
    folder: ‘Y’
    options:
    path: “/tmp/dashboards/Y_*”

I want to provision dashboards in 2 different grafana folders (X and Y), the problem is that all the dashboards are stored in the same filesystem folder “/tmp/dashboards/”, is there an option (e.g. regex or what i tried above with the wildecard) to distribute the dashboards based on their name to separate grafana dirs?

Thank you,
Tudor

That’s not supported by Grafana. But maybe you can create symbolic links filtering by regex to solve your problem - have never tried that so don’t know if that works.

Would love to see some more documentation on the provisioning config.

2 Likes

I get this error after configuring dashboard provider.

my dashboards are hosted on github pages.

file=/var/lib/grafana/dashboards/default/Deployments-Dashboard.json error=“invalid character ‘<’ looking for beginning of value”

Is anyone familiar with this error? if so can you share with me your experience on how you got it fixed?