Dashboard Import Failure from 8.x to 9.x

  • What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    Currently running Grafana 8.4.7 with a Mimir DB and intend to switch to another Grafana instance running 9.2.1.

  • What are you trying to achieve?
    Import my dashboards to the newer instance.

  • How are you trying to achieve it?
    Using json import or API.

  • What happened?
    Dashboard import works, but all pannels are “empty” until I edit them individually and switch the query from “code” to “builder” then switch them back.

  • What did you expect to happen?
    Not to have to do this on every pannels of every dashboards.

  • Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    I have this Warning →

Hi @TCHA :wave:

Let’s see if we can gain more insights of the error (perhaps in the background you are getting more errors and not just when you click on the builder button to “refresh” the panel.)

Try increasing the verbosity of the Grafana server logs to debug and note any errors. For printing to console, set the console logs to debug as well. More info on troubleshooting Grafana issues here Troubleshooting | Grafana documentation

Hello @antonio.merello

Thanks, I did manage to find the error with the increased verbosity, it was due to the database UID differences between the two Grafana Instances.

I’ve changed the db UID following the instructions here : Make datasource UID editable in GUI · Discussion #45230 · grafana/grafana · GitHub

1 Like