Custom backend data source not showing up in the dropdown

I created a new backend data source plugin for Trino. It’s working fine, but there’s one issue I can’t figure out. No data sources of this type show up in the dropdown when creating new panels or in the explore window, unless I go there from the data source directly (so the type is in the URL). I can also import a dashboard that’s pointing to this data source.

I ran out of ideas on how to debug this kind of issue.

Originally reported here: no datasource show up · Issue #45 · starburstdata/grafana-trino · GitHub

what version of grafana? and how did you install this plugin and do you see it in the plugin folder?

C:\Program Files\grafana-.8.5.3\data\plugins

and what do you see in your logs?

It’s Grafana 8.5.1. The plugin works, as I mentioned. It just doesn’t show up on the list of data sources. There are no errors in either server logs or in the browser.

31 maja 2022 18:32, “Yosi via Grafana Labs Community Forums” <notifications@grafana.discoursemail.com>:

and how did you install this plugin and do you see it in the plugin folder?

I installed it by extracting it into the plugins folder and configured the data source using provisioning.

31 maja 2022 20:09, “Yosi via Grafana Labs Community Forums” <notifications@grafana.discoursemail.com>: