Connection to Victoriametrics working in general, but no data received

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

v8.4.0-beta1 (d0871959b6)

• What are you trying to achieve?

I am using Grafana with a Victoriametrics Backend, added as a Prometheus Data Source connector. I have a problem where the connection between Victoriametrics and Grafana is a bit strange.

The datasource seems to be working, and the Query editor is still providing autofill-suggestions for the metrics and the metrics labels, but either Victoriametrics does not provide data, oder Grafana is not showing the data. This just happens from one second to another, the graphs in the dashboard simply cut off their lines, and all “No Data” alarms are firing.

Has someone else experienced a similar issue and has some idea?

• How are you trying to achieve it?

Connect Victoriametrics as Data Source, define Graphs, wait some time.

• What happened?

Graphs are plotting, until at some time the graph lines are simply cut off. Connection between Victoriametrics and Grafana seem to continue to work, but no actual values are interpreted by grafana and shown.

• What did you expect to happen?
    A once-added data source just working reliable, and the graphs just plotting.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

Just a standard Prometheus Data Source connection.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

No. I define the querys, and simply get no data. If i zoom out the time range, older data is still visible as a graph, but at one certain point all graphs are simply cut off.

I think you might get better support in the VictoriaMetrics slack.

VM uses a forked version of OSS grafana, I believe