Configure custom container image registry for grafa/agent

Hi,
I’ve deployed the helm chart grafana/loki 5.42.2. All k8s nodes does not have configured a default container image registry like docker.io, for this reason, the container images must be named fully qualified.

Instead to run into the pull limit rate of docker.io, I configured a custom container image registry by overwriting the registry: properties of the helm chart.

After deploying the chart, I noticed that the pods loki-logs continues into the ImageSpecError state with the following message:

Failed to inspect image "grafana/agent:v0.39.1": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = short-name "grafana/agent:v0.39.1" did not resolve to an alias and no unqualified-search registries are defined in "/etc/containers/registries.conf"

I tried to find out how I can configure the fully qualified container image name as part of the helm chart, but there is no configuration option to set the image registry.

How can I configure for the container image grafa/agent of the pod loki-logs a custom registry?

Furthermore, a GitHub issue is already existing. I will append the Link in a next comment, because for new users it is not possible to add more than one link in a comment.

Volker

GitHub Link: Failed to fetch images: prometheus-config-reloader and grafana-agent · Issue #11552 · grafana/loki · GitHub

Hi @volker.raschek, welcome to the forum!
Are you installing with this flag below enabled?
installOperator: true
As far as I know, this will install the sub chart grafana-operator with the default values (at least I didn’t find any variable to overwrite most of the configs), pointing to docker hub.

You can validate this by disabling this flag and installing the operator separately :slight_smile: