I’m using Grafana to integrate a few data sources as a single dashboard. One of them is AWS/cloudwatch API. I’ve gotten everything integrated well. My big question is cost (or calculating how much it will run us)
Using my example of 3 graphs, with 10 metrics each in a single dashboard Datasource is running in proxied mode.
- That’s 30 API call per dashboard load/refresh ?
- Does the APIs make calls when no one is has the dashboard loaded ?
- Is the API calls cached vs fast refreshing on a browser ?
- Is the API calls cached for multiple users viewing the same dashboard ? (We’re looking to deploy this across many locations)
- Any hints on reducing API calls to control cost ?
Thanks in advance !