Chrome keep crashing with "Status_Breakpoint" on dashboard

I have a dashboard with 18 charts on it – each 1000 data points and 5-10 lines in it. Chrome and Edge keep crashing on this dashboard from now and then with a STATUS_Breakpoint. Reloading with F5 and with Shift+F5 bring the page up, but most of the time it crashes again after a few seconds. After 5-6 Reloads – the page stay up and work again for a few hours.

I have no Plugins installed in the Browser. I have a 16 GB Ram PC with at least 8 GB of unused RAM.

Any ideas how to solve this? No one else has this problem?

I isolated a reproduction case with only a single Widget on screen. Crashing Chrome, Edge and Firefox on 3 different Windows 10 PCs here.

It’s the “Stat” widget.
Unit set to kWh and nothing else changed.

Using this query:
SELECT integral("value") / 3600000 FROM "venus_default"."battery/Dc/0/Power" WHERE ("value" > 0) AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time(9999d) fill(null)

Using all settings and query identically withe the Gauge widget does not crash any of the browsers. How to report this as a bug for the Stat widget?

By crashing did you mean error “Error code: STATUS_BREAKPOINT” that causes the tab not the display, but the browser itself does not crash.

If yes same issue today on Chrome and Edge on Windows, and Chrome on MacOS.
Safari on MacOS does not “crash” but does not show any data neither and you’t take any action on the web page, it is all frozen.

A few minutes later (by the time I wrote this) this is all working again… Go figure.

Yes, the Tab goes to this error message, because the associated process crashed in the background (each Tab has a own process).

Have you tried changing the Stat widget to Gauge, then this should not happen again?

We are experiencing the same thing, after some debugging I understood it’s something to do with viewport rendering as it happens mostly when increasing the viewport size so that the Stat widget’s bottom part is made visible or resized accordingly (generally re-rendered, because the viewport size changed).

The issue for me comes up in uPlot routine called numAxisSplits(), which fills up an array in a loop. I have a suspicion that the arguments passed to this method are causing this loop to run for a long time and fill up the array causing OOM (probably).

Function args:

1. axisIdx: 1
  2. forceMin: false
  3. foundIncr: 2e-15
  4. foundSpace: 45.93671619917906
  5. numDec: 15
  6. scaleMax: 47.52030606610114
  7. scaleMin: 47.520306066101135

Stack trace:
numAxisSplits
axesCalc (axes.forEach)
axesCalc
convergeSize
_commit

originating from node_modules/react-virtualized-auto-sizer/dist/index.esm.js
in scrollListener (resizeRAF).

In the following gif, I load the page with quite a low height view port. The page is working fine, I can select text and even scroll fine. I have debug tools open in the bottom. When I resize the viewport (taking down the debug tools down a bit), the listener kicks in and the recalculation starts (see stacktrace above), and it hangs that considerably long time, filling up that array, until, it seems, that the execution of the listener just stops (at least in Firefox, in Chrome tab crashes). During that time, I cannot select text or do anything with the page.

test

1 Like