Can't see InfluxDB data in Grafana

After getting things working fine locally, I’m trying to get InfluxDB and Grafana to work on a DigitalOcean ubuntu box.

I successfully added the InfluxDB data source, and Grafana is able to connect to InfluxDB.

The problem is, no data points are appearing on the graph I’m trying to set up.

The query for the graph is:

SELECT mean("price_point") FROM arbie_dev.forever.prices WHERE $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(previous)

When I check out Chrome Inspector tools, I see grafana is sending the query:

SELECT mean("price_point") FROM arbie_dev.forever.prices WHERE time > now() - 5m GROUP BY time(200ms) fill(previous)

The weird thing is, the response the grafana server is giving is: {"results":[{"statement_id":0}]}

If I run the same exact query from the influx command line, I successfully get a lot of responses. Also, if I run the same line from the HTTP API (curl -G 'http://<server ip>:8086/query?pretty=true' --data-urlencode "db=arbie_dev" --data-urlencode "q=SELECT mean(\"price_point\") FROM arbie_dev.forever.prices WHERE time > now() - 5m GROUP BY time(200ms) fill(previous)") I get lots of responses as well.

Any idea why this query works fine in the influx command line and HTTP API but fails to graph in grafana? Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,
Steve

For anyone else having the same issue, I was able to fix this by changing the data source ‘access’ to be “proxy” instead of “direct”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

we are unable to see the average response time in grafana.Min and max response time are able to see in grafana while running the test.Can you provide me any solution