I hope this hasn’t been convered elsewhere but I can’t seem to delete a provisioned dashboard. Grafana is currently hosted in Kubernetes.
Steps I did to create the problem:
- Provision a folder
- Duplicate an existing dashboard located in that folder (
- Edited that dashboard and saved those changes to the “original” dashboard (while keeping UIDs to their respective dashboard).
- Physically deleted the temp dashboard json file.
- Pushed changes and restarted the pod
- Now I can’t delete the temporary dashboard.
I’ve done the following:
- Attempted to use the internal API to delete,
- Tried the
allowUiUpdatesand delete it through the UI
- Deleted the pod that contained the dashboard.
All of this has been met with “cannot delete a provisioned dashboard”.
Do I need to unprovision the folder, push the changes, delete the pod, delete the dashboard, provision and push new changes and delete the pod against, simply to delete a single temporary dashboard?
There has to be a better and easier way.