Can't build a panel plugin

Hi everyone,
I have Grafana installed locally on my pc, and I want to build a panel plugin.
I’m following the instruction given in the documentation (Build a panel plugin | Grafana Labs) but it seems like Grafana doesn’t recognize my newly created panel.

I’m writing here, for completeness, all the steps I made:
1. set the plugins property to the path of my grafana-plugins directory
2. In the plugin directory I run this command: npx @grafana/toolkit plugin:create my-plugin
3. change directory to my-plugin
4. installed dependencies with the command yarn install
5. build the plugin with the command yarn dev
6. restarted the grafana server

What am I missing here?

There may be a few points that could be getting wrong. Let me try to help you:

1. Is the folder of your plugin in the Grafana Plugin folder? (Although im not sure if the way i do it is the standard or best practice, i usually have a plugins folder inside the data folder which contains all plugins)
  2. If your plugin folder is in correct place, your grafana server might complain that your plugin is not signed. Either you can sign it or, for testing purposes, you can go to the config file and explicitly tell grafana to skip the signing verification for your plugin

If you need further assistance, please let us know

Thanks!
The plugin was not signed and in the log it actually said there was a problem with the unsigned plugin.

I try your solution but still doesn’t work for me, if you have any other advice to solve this problem?

Hi, I created a custom panel using (npx @grafana/create-plugin@latest) , installed the required dependencies and tried running on docker, but I am again and again getting the error as

level=error msg=“Update check failed” error=“failed to get latest.json repo from github.com: Get "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/grafana/grafana/main/latest.json\”: tls: failed to verify certificate: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority" duration=67.767292ms

Please help

Hi @manshikumar778 this is most likely a problem in your network. Are you perhaps behind a corporate proxy? or an http(s) proxy?

Nevertheless this error should not blocking from grafana running. Did you check if it was running in localhost:3000?

Hi @academo grafana is running on localhost:3000 but my panel name is not visible in the visualizations as this “update check failed” error kept coming while running docker.

@manshikumar778 if grafana is running as usual then you can disregard this error as it is unrelated to your plugin.

did you build your plugin? npm run build or npm run dev in your project. if you want it to watch your changes. When you build it for the very first time (first time it generates a dist folder) you must restart the grafana server so it can pick it up correctly.

To make sure your plugin had been picked up correctly go to Admin → Plugins and check if your panel plugin is in the list.

Hi @academo , I have build it properly, installed all the required dependencies, still, I am not sure why my panel plugin is not showing in the visualizations.
Could you please help with the same?

Do you have a public git repository with your project I can clone to test?

No, but could you please connect with me over mail or something, mail id: manshikumar778@gmail.com. I can share with you my zip folder, it’s really important at the moment and i have invested so much time in it still no luck, even after nil errors. Please let me know! Thank you so much

@academo please look into it

Could you please put your code in github.com in a public repository? it is free and it’ll help me help you