Can not invit new user

Dear grafana team,

I’m a new user of grafana and I cannot add users. I put the email adresse and click invite. The request goes to pending invite but the emails are not send.
Can you fix this problem please ? Thanks a lot for the time you will spend on this.

Kind regards

Hi,

Have you configured an SMTP server? You need to give configure Grafana before it is able to send emails. More here: http://docs.grafana.org/installation/configuration/#smtp

Hi Igram !

Thanks for the answer, effectively I didn’t configure the server. I configured like that on the custom.ini

#################################### SMTP / Emailing ##########################
[smtp]
enabled = true
host = localhost:25
user =kaljyn (My grafana username account)

If the password contains # or ; you have to wrap it with trippel quotes. Ex “”"#password;"""

password =******** (My grafana password account)
;cert_file =
;key_file =
skip_verify = true
from_address = my_personnal_email@outlook.fr
from_name = NoReply

EHLO identity in SMTP dialog (defaults to instance_name)

ehlo_identity = dashboard.example.com

[emails]
welcome_email_on_sign_up = false

I saved and restarted grafana servers but it still not work :s It put me

“No connection could be established because the target computer explicitly refused”

Thanks a lot for your help !

Are you sure the server you run Grafana on is setup to send emails? If your email is on outlook.fr I would presume that you would use outlooks smtp servers. You can probably find the needed configuration here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-42b8-9564-9c414e2aa040

@kaljyn any luck with this?

This post is 3 years old and the user may have gotten it to work. Do you need help with a similar problem?

@xiaonuno hi, yes I’m facing issue with sending out email alerts (both invite and alert notifications to email). teams web hook is working fine

Did you enable SMTP in the config file?

We have enabled it with the intention of password recovery but im guessing all other functions are working

hi sorry for the late reply, yes it is enabled. following is the smtp piece from ini
#################################### SMTP / Emailing ##########################
[smtp]
enabled = true
host = smtp.office365.com:587
user = DR
;password = *****
;cert_file =
;key_file =
;skip_verify = false
from_address = DR@companyname.com
from_name = Grafana
;ehlo_identity = dashboard.example.com