Bar Gauge Sort Results

Hi,

I am using Grafana and InfluxDB to analyse my home automation setup, and have used the Bar Gauge in a few places already. I was wondering whether I can sort the results based on the metric result? Or if there is an alternative I could use to achieve a similar outcome?

Thanks,
Simon

1 Like

You can use Sort by transformation for this. You can learn more here:

See my example here:

2 Likes

Thanks @ivanahuckova. I was running an earlier version, 7.2 I think it was, so did not have the sort transformation, but have now upgraded to 7.4.

Unfortunately I couldn’t get this to work. I have different tags representing different devices in my home automation setup, and want to sort the result based on which device has the highest or lowest result for the metric I choose. My specific example at the moment is to show battery levels for my various sensors around the house. I want to see which ones are getting low and may need to be replaced soon. If you need my to post a few more details please let me know.

Thanks,
Simon

Thought I’d bump this back up the list of threads to see if anyone has an answer…

I also have this issue. I was using the bar gauge and sorting the values through my SQL code, but some weeks ago it stopped working and now all my bar gauges are unsorted.

1 Like

I don’t believe I have this option in the influx queries for my dashboard, I need to rely on sorting within Grafana, which I haven’t been able to get working…

I’ve accomplished this using a table and doing an override on the field on the property: Cell display mode to a value of LCD Gauge

1 Like

Thanks for that @gabrielemanuel, looks like I must have stumbled across that myself, but neglected to post back here, or implement it on the chart that I originally wanted to use it on.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.