Active Directory LDAP Auth Configuration

Hello,

I have installed Grafana Enterprise 9.0.6.0 on my Windows Server. Following the tutorial detailed here (Tutorial - Grafana LDAP Authentication on Active Directory), I set up the Active Directory and configured the ldap file. I am able to login into Grafana on selected host using use the admin username and the password from the Active Directory database. However, I can’t authenticate any other AD user placed in the domain groups I created. Additionally, when I set enabled = true under the auth.ldap section in custom.ini, I don’t see the changes reflected in the Grafana Web Interface, which explains why users can’t get authenticated. I make changes in the custom.ini file and point the grafana service to that file, but changes aren’t reflected in the Grafana UI.

My custom.ini file is located in the following path: C:\Program Files\GrafanaLabs\grafana\conf
and so is the ldap.toml file.

I have made the following edits to the custom.ini file, but can’t see the changes in the admin settings view. I even tried turning on the LDAP debug view but have not succeeded. This leads me to think that the service is not reading the custom.ini file.

#################################### Auth LDAP ##########################
[auth.ldap]
enabled = true
config_file = /etc/grafana/ldap.toml
allow_sign_up = true

# LDAP background sync (Enterprise only)
# At 1 am every day
sync_cron = "0 1 * * *"
active_sync_enabled = true
#################################### Logging ##########################
[log]
# Either "console", "file", "syslog". Default is console and  file
# Use space to separate multiple modes, e.g. "console file"
;mode = console file

# Either "debug", "info", "warn", "error", "critical", default is "info"
;level = info

# optional settings to set different levels for specific loggers. Ex filters = sqlstore:debug
filters = ldap:debug```

![nssm|543x297](upload://6D4haqnJ4heZJK6krqffUPpNHUL.png)

The problem is that I can't authenticate users via LDAP and changes in the config file aren't getting reflected in the UI.

have you checked the debug logs on the grafana side?

try increasing the verbosity of the Grafana server logs to debug and note any errors. For printing to console, set the console logs to debug as well.