Why does a valid role_attribute_path as JMESPATH expression fails to work in grafana?

I am using my custom scope in okta.

token response snippet looks like this
“Options”: “{“Option”:[{“Name”:“Administrator”,“value”:“false”},{“Name”:“Client Administrator”,“value”:“true”}]}”

role_attribute_path =contains(Options, ‘“Administrator”,“value”:“true”’) && ‘Admin’ || contains(Options, ‘“Client Administrator”,“value”:“true”’) && ‘Editor’ || ‘Viewer’

lvl=eror msg=“Failed to extract role” logger=oauth.okta error=“failed to search user info JSON response with provided path: “contains(Options, ‘\“Administrator\”,\“value\”:\“true\”’) && ‘Admin’ || contains(Options, ‘\“Client Administrator\”,\“value\”:\“true\”’) && ‘Editor’ || ‘Viewer’”: Invalid type for: , expected: []jmespath.jpType{“array”, “string”}”
t=2021-05-06T16:44:00+0000 lvl=dbug msg=“OAuthLogin got user info” logger=oauth userInfo="&{Id:00ujq59ewmc5rCao40h7 Name:Alpha Charlie Email:alpha.charlie@xyz.com Login:alpha.charlie@xyz.com Company: Role: Groups:[]}"

I get the above error with both ’ and ` used in the expression for string match. How to deal with the escape characters? Any help is appreciated.

I was able to get it working with the simple okta groups.

Hi @ac21,

Are you using Grafana OSS or Enterprise?

I am using Grafana OSS.