My Grafana dashboard has two tings, a table with one column displaying
user_AccountID, and a variable
Companies that queries a database returning
name . Now I simply want to replace that UUID in the table with the name that was queries by variable.
The table is based on a KQL query so I’ve been trying to use
extend to create a new field based on $Companies but no luck.
Looking in the transformation options, I did not find anything helpful there except of “Field lookup”, which is exactly what I need, but it’s in alpha stage and only allows looking up countries, states, and airports.
One solution that I found was using overrrides > fields with name > value mappings. But here we have to manually add every UUID and customer name that needs to be replaced.
Looking for solution i keep finding posts about chained variables. Chained variables are not a solution to this problem. If you think they are please let me know how because the documentation is not helpful.