Pausing alerts in Grafana v9

Hi, is it possible to pause alerts in Grafana v9.0.1?

I understand Silences prevent notifications, but I’m looking to stop execution of the alert query without actually deleting the alert. Is it possible?

1 Like

I used silence for 365 days :grin: but that would be a nice feature!

So is pausing alerts not possible? I have some test alerts I want to disable, is there really not simple way to just do that with one button click without deleting them?

Creating silences for 100 years is a little tedious. My current work-around is to go into the rule and set the limit to a negative number, which is also a little tedious.

Hi! Pausing alerts is available in Grafana 9.4. I would recommend upgrading to Grafana 9.4.7 as earlier versions of 9.4 had some bugs with Alerting.

1 Like

Hello. How do I pause alerts? I updated to grafana version 9.4.7. I don’t see a button to pause alerts. This is what I see:

Hi! There is a switch “Pause evaluation” when editing the rule. You’ll need to click Save for the rule to be paused.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 11.09.00

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

Would be awesome if we could pause evaluation of an alert via its UID and the API.

1 Like

@malone12

Would be awesome if we could pause evaluation of an alert via its UID and the API.
Already done in 9.5+ Alerting: Allow pausing alerts from provisioning by alexmobo · Pull Request #62263 · grafana/grafana · GitHub
Also in 9.4+ [v9.4.x] Alerting: Allow pausing alerts from provisioning by grafanabot · Pull Request #62492 · grafana/grafana · GitHub