New v8 Alerts date and time format

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    8 on Server 2019

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Format datetime in Grafanas new alerting

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    On my dashboard I can use ‘${__from:date:YYYY-MM-DD LTS}’ for the format I need which is: e.g. 2021-08-03 06:00:00

The alerting will not use this for some reason.

• What happened?

I get an error as shown below which I know is to do with the date time. If I use an unformatted variable for datetime I think it is returning like 2021-08-03Z06:00:00T which doesn’t work. I am fairly new to SQL so if there is something silly I am not doing I would appreciate the help:
Failed to evaluate queries and expressions: failed to execute conditions: failed to execute query A: db query error: mssql: Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

Failed to evaluate queries and expressions: failed to execute conditions: failed to execute query A: db query error: mssql: Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.

I just want to add that on a dashboard this query works fine and returns the data in a stat object.

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.