- What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
What are you trying to achieve?
Creating an alert to slack
How are you trying to achieve it?
Following this url
- What happened?
I got an alert but not with the value of the graph
- What did you expect to happen?
An alert with the (temperature) value of the graph
- Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
- Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
- Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?
Hello and welcome to the forum, @erikoffereins
there are some gotchas when it comes to alert templating. What datasource is generating the alerts, and is the alert a multi-dimensional alert or a traditional alert?
We are using InfluxDB as datasource and now we use the multi-dimensional alert instead of the traditional.
I’m trying to understand the way of making custom templates but I am still not a pro in it .
What we want is a template for a single alert (otherwise the firing and resolved will be merged). And we also want to customize the header of the message.
Is that possible?