Loki EKS creating excessive tables in DynamoDB

Pretty new to Loki and we are slowly trying to get it up and running in EKS. Service is running but not working. I see the following in the logs. I keep getting a lot of dynamoDB tables but no objects in S3

LimitExceededException: Subscriber limit exceeded: There is a limit of 256 tables per subscriber"
level=info ts=2021-09-23T10:22:47.88081798Z caller=table_manager.go:324 msg=“synching tables” expected_tables=335
level=info ts=2021-09-23T10:22:48.050049857Z caller=table_manager.go:476 msg=“creating table” table=loki__18845

This has only been up for a week or so. Here is our storage config.

storage_config:
aws:
s3:
s3://loki-bucketname
dynamodb:
dynamodb_url:
dynamodb://us-east-1

1 Like

I can confirm the same is happening to our loki too. Floods dynamodb with those tables and we start getting the LimitExceededException: Subscriber limit exceeded: There is a limit of 256 tables per subscriber

1 Like

exactly the same issue here, questions, if loki need more than 256 tables, then how many tables exactly does it need, then we can go to estimate the cost of it, second thing, if we want to reduce the table size of it created, where is the settings we can play around.

@lxgzmy @brianhgibson
Did anyone figure this one out? i’m running into the exact same issue.
Read the docs up and down and still have no clue why this is happening.

Thanks!

1 Like

paste the schema config here,

it will create the tables from the dates it’s mention in the schema files