Logger=migrator error="failed to validate receiver \"Test\" of type \"slack\"

I am upgrading grafana to the latest version and when I mount it to the same persistent storage I used before is fails to migrate with the following message. How can I deal with this:

INFO[12-11|21:36:17] The state of unified alerting is still not defined. The decision will be made during as we run the database migrations logger=settings
WARN[12-11|21:36:17] falling back to legacy setting of 'min_interval_seconds'; please use the configuration option in the `unified_alerting` section if Grafana 8 alerts are enabled. logger=settings
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config loaded from                       logger=settings file=/usr/share/grafana/conf/defaults.ini
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config loaded from                       logger=settings file=/etc/grafana/grafana.ini
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from command line      logger=settings arg="default.paths.data=/var/lib/grafana"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from command line      logger=settings arg="default.paths.logs=/var/log/grafana"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from command line      logger=settings arg="default.paths.plugins=/var/lib/grafana/plugins"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from command line      logger=settings arg="default.paths.provisioning=/etc/grafana/provisioning"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from command line      logger=settings arg="default.log.mode=console"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from Environment variable logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_DATA=/var/lib/grafana"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from Environment variable logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_LOGS=/var/log/grafana"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from Environment variable logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_PLUGINS=/var/lib/grafana/plugins"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Config overridden from Environment variable logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_PROVISIONING=/etc/grafana/provisioning"
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Path Home                                logger=settings path=/usr/share/grafana
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Path Data                                logger=settings path=/var/lib/grafana
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Path Logs                                logger=settings path=/var/log/grafana
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Path Plugins                             logger=settings path=/var/lib/grafana/plugins
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Path Provisioning                        logger=settings path=/etc/grafana/provisioning
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] App mode production                      logger=settings
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Connecting to DB                         logger=sqlstore dbtype=sqlite3
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Starting DB migrations                   logger=migrator
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Executing migration                      logger=migrator id="clear migration entry \"remove unified alerting data\""
INFO[12-11|21:36:17] Executing migration                      logger=migrator id="move dashboard alerts to unified alerting"
EROR[12-11|21:36:17] Executing migration failed               logger=migrator id="move dashboard alerts to unified alerting" error="failed to validate receiver \"Test\" of type \"slack\": recipient must be specified when using the Slack chat API"
EROR[12-11|21:36:17] Exec failed                              logger=migrator error="failed to validate receiver \"Test\" of type \"slack\": recipient must be specified when using the Slack chat API" sql="code migration"
Failed to start grafana. error: migration failed (id = move dashboard alerts to unified alerting): failed to validate receiver "Test" of type "slack": recipient must be specified when using the Slack chat API
migration failed (id = move dashboard alerts to unified alerting): failed to validate receiver "Test" of type "slack": recipient must be specified when using the Slack chat API

Dear Irakli,

while I don’t really feel qualified to answer this, because we are still running Grafana 6.x and 7.x, I recently discovered the issue referenced below, which might be related.

If I read that correctly, there might currently be a schema migration problem when upgrading to the most recent 8.3.x series, related to alerts or alert rules.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

P.S.: However, please also consider that I might be connecting the wrong dots here.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer. It does look like the problem that stems from the same issue. But since I am stuck on the migration point perhaps there is a way to resolve it without loss of the persistent storage entirely? If some can tell me what should I do to migrate to latest version while keeping the data that would be great, I do not care if I have to recreate the dashboards in case they are incompatible. I am more interested in keeping all the accounts people have created.