Limits of raspberry?

Good morning, after many adventures due to my poor knowledge I was able to install influxdb and graphana on the pc with Debian, keeping the node-red part on the raspberry. To date, after about 5 days of operation I have no problem despite putting two ds18b20.
What I can draw from my experience is that the problem was raspberry 3b+ not powerful enough.
Thank you very much

A Pi 3b+ is certainly powerful enough to run Grafana, influxdb, node red, mosquitto and a fair amount more, provided you are not generating 10s of data points every second, it would probably need an USB disc though. Mine is sitting in front of me doing just that and running my network file system too. It has been doing so for a couple of years. What it is not powerful enough for is to run a GUI with a browser displaying grafana charts.

Probably the problem is just the grafana browser part, however moving only grafana or grafana + influxdb on pc with Debian didn’t change me much.

With the performance of a microUSB card now also used in the professional field, does the external usb disk still make sense?

I don’t know. It depends on what performance, size and reliability and cost you want and what the card can provide. I don’t know enough about the latest cards to know the answer.