K6 cloud - how to increase RPS

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    OSX using k6 v0.46.0 ((devel), go1.21.0, darwin/amd64)

• What are you trying to achieve?
    Trying to run a load test using k6 cloud cli but not getting expected levels of requests per second

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I am on the cloud free trial and i am running a k6 cloud script via the cli

• What happened?
    Only got to 1.5 requests per second.

• What did you expect to happen?
    100+ requests per second

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?
    using the following options configuration:

export const options = {
    discardResponseBodies: true,     
    thresholds: {},
    scenarios: {
        check_api: {
        executor: 'ramping-vus',
        gracefulStop: '30s',
        stages: [
            { target: 100, duration: '60m' }
        ],
        gracefulRampDown: '30s',
        exec: 'check_api',
        },
    },
}
  • Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.
    No

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

Hi @david5e7e

Welcome to the community forum :wave:

It’s difficult to say why you are not reaching the expected load without seeing the test script (check_api) and the results you get. We indeed allow 100 VUs and 500 k6 Virtual User Hours per month, so I would expect a higher load if you have not reached the limit yet.

With ramping VUs, I would suggest giving more time, 60m might not be enough for the test to reach the target (depending on what the script does and the latency of the endpoints you are testing). And increasing startVUs. It defaults to 1, which might be too low, depending on the latency of the service, it will have to start more VUs, and with 60s there might not be enough time.

Intro to API Load Testing: The k6 Guide is also a good read for API testing. You might want to look into Constant arrival rate for your executions.

That said, I would suggest you open a ticket with the support team (e-mail support@k6.io). They can follow up by looking at your cloud executions and the script, and be able to tell you more on your concrete case.

Cheers!

Hi @eyeveebee can we have more than 100 VUS for a test because when i use 299 users i see the below error “Grafana Cloud Free Forever: Requested number of VUs not allowed (299 > max of 100).”",?
Thanks