Is imageUrl supposed to be returned in webhook alert payload if disabled?

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    7.4.2. Running on Kubernetes as part of the kube-prometheus stack

• What are you trying to achieve?
    When an webhook alert is triggered with the notifier having “Include Image” disabled, I noticed that the imageUrl is still being sent in the alerting payload.

According to grafana/webhook.go at v7.4.2 · grafana/grafana · GitHub it should not set if Include Image is unchecked but in my case its still sending the image payload over.

Is there another setting I need to configure?

Hi @davidchua

I’d be curious to know if you would still encounter this error if you upgraded to Grafana 8 and started using the new Unified Alerting in Grafana 8, which shipped today. It’s an entirely new alerting platform with much greater power and ease-of-use. And it includes much greater support for variables in alerts.

Check it out:
docker run -p 3000:3000 --name=grafana -e "GF_FEATURE_TOGGLES_ENABLE=ngalert" grafana/grafana:8.0.0

Thanks I will give it a try and update here after but for some of my other grafana instances they cannot be upgraded so soon due to production requirements.

I did notice a strange behaviour though. Sometimes my grafana will generate an imageurl and send it over as the payload in the form of my GRAFANA_HOST URL even though I have no GF renderer and the URL is actually 404.

And after a while (anywhere between days), it starts to send out imageurls with the default chart image (mixed_styles.png) even though no configuration to the alert notification channel or no reboots/upgrades were done to the grafana instance.

It will only revert to the failed GRAFANA_HOST scheme after restarting the instances.

Do we know what might be causing this behaviour?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.