Interval Comparison in Grafana

Currently Grafana allows to easily set time offsets in the graph so I can compare today compared to the same time yesterday easily,

What does not seem to be easy is comparing to arbitrary intervals, which can be very helpful with incident analyses

Is there any way to do it which I’m missing ?

I think the cool thing would be have the “alternative time” as template variable which one could set to specific time or to annotations, which could be when used for time shift or something similar.

Currently Grafana allows to easily set time offsets in the graph so I can compare today compared to the same time yesterday easily,

How do you do that ?

Do you mean the “Add time shift” in a graph panel Time range tab ?

time%20shift

You can add Constant Interval, What I’m looking for is the comparison.

Let me give you specific use case - If I have some sort of “incidents” or “events” it is often very convenient to get those compared side by side. Currently I have to do it in 2 browser windows and if I want for example zoom in I have to do it independently on both sides.

I think how it could be possible is to have something like “Start Time” Templating Variable which could be used to override the start time of the panel. When this could be integrated with another time picker for comparison or assigned by clicking on Annotations as in this can be used for automation of triggering event start.